SXSW 2016 is already upon us and Porter Novelli is thrilled to support SX for the 12th year in a row! This year, our PR team is focused on the SXSW Interactive Innovation Awards, the Dewey Winburne Community Service Awards, SXSWedu and SX Gaming. Our combined work gives us the opportunity to learn about the most exciting and innovative technologies, the most inspiring community do-gooders, the latest education trends and the most significant advancements in gaming.
Our on-the-ground team in Austin is eager to soak up as much SX goodness as possible. Each team member may have responsibilities supporting clients as well as internal initiatives, but in addition to the great food trucks and parties we make take time to LEARN. Prior to our arrival, we each select a “beat” – a category of particular interest to us, personally or professionally (and in most cases both) – and commit to creating our own track of panels to attend. We then share those learnings with our colleagues in our home offices and across the network.
The convergence of our professional work and personal passions – technology, innovation, music, film, food, sports, lifestyle, diversity, social good and so much more – is what I love most about SXSW. As SX celebrates its 30th year, it continues to evolve and innovate and exemplifies what I also love most about PN – bringing the totality of who we are to our work. My hope is that we each leave SX more knowledgeable and more inspired to make a difference in all that we do.
Our 2016 SXSW ground team includes:
- Zach Anderson, New York – Beat: Lifestyle, Sports – Instagram: @ZachAtSXSW
- Heather Brinckerhoff, Voce-Winter Haven, FL – Beat: Style – Twitter: @heart2toe; Instagram: @heatherrosie
- Brent Camara, Seattle – Beat: Gaming — Twitter: @bcamara
- Chris Edwards, DC – Beat: Film
- Jenny Fernandez, Tampa – Beat: Service – Twitter: @JMFernandez; Instagram: @jenharmes
- Jodi Fleisig, Atlanta – Beat: Media – Twitter: @jodifleisig
- Trey Hollern, DC – Beat: Business – Twitter: @trey0724; Instagram: @trey0724
- Soon Mee Kim, Atlanta – Beat: Diversity and Innovation – Twitter: @soonmeekim; Instagram: @tsoonamee
- Meghan Lewis, Atlanta – Beat: Food & Beverage – Twitter: @meghanlynne; Instagram: @meghanblewis
- Stacy Libby, Voce-Austin – Beat: Convergence – Twitter: @StacyLibby
- Kayla Reed, Atlanta – Beat: Fashion & Brands – Twitter: @TheKaylaReed
- Harold Reid, Atlanta – Beat: Sports – Twitter: @AIMSportsRep, @reidwritethink; Instagram: @harold_r_
- Ayanna Robinson – Beat: Food & Agriculture – Twitter: @arob724
- Adam Scholder, Chicago – Beat: Music – Twitter: @scholder99; Instagram: @scholder99
- Melissa Taylor, Atlanta – Beat: Social Good – Twitter: @GroovyMomma, @M_K_Taylor
Fair warning: some of these handles are public while others are private and you may need to request to follow, and, of course, our opinions are our own. Check for posts here at the Porter Novelli blog and search for #pnSXSW on all the usual channels to follow our adventures. We welcome your feedback.
Here’s to a great SXSW 2016!