Global public relations leader Porter Novelli (PN) has been named one of PRWeek’s 2014 Best Places to Work.
PRWeek, the industry’s leading publication, cited Porter Novelli’s Share the Good program, which recognizes great client work internally; staff’s feeling of connection to ‘something bigger than themselves’; and the firm’s Client Service Star initiative, which rewards employees for outstanding client service, as standout factors in naming the agency among its 2014 Best Places to Work. Entries were judged with input from an opt-in survey completed by U.S. employees.
“I am so proud that Porter Novelli has been recognized as a 2014 Best Place to Work,” said Karen van Bergen, CEO, Porter Novelli. “Talent is our top priority at Porter Novelli, and we believe in making a genuine investment in people. When you create an environment where team members are constantly challenged to learn, given opportunities to grow and empowered to look out for one another, staff will come to work whistling. This award shows they are doing just that.”
Other things that make Porter Novelli a great place to work include:
- Generous benefits package, including flextime, paid time off and health and retirement benefits
- Paid time off each year for community service
- Incentive bonuses rewarding such things as lead generation, new employee referrals, account growth and other performance-based bonuses
- Quarterly town hall meetings with CEO Karen van Bergen
- Fun team-bonding activities including on-site yoga classes, team volunteer activities, Thirsty Thursdays, summer and holiday outings, Oscar parties and much more
- Executive leadership training at Omnicom University’s Senior Management Program, taught by Harvard professors
“I love working at Porter Novelli because of the challenging, rewarding client work, professional development opportunities and fun office bonding activities,” said Hailey Thompson, account supervisor, based in Porter Novelli’s Los Angeles office. “But the biggest factor is the people. The smart, passionate, talented professionals I work with are the reason I love coming to work every day.”
Other workplace accolades received include:
- Named a Washington Best Workplace by the Puget Sound Business Journal three years running (2012, 2013, 2014)
- Named a top workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution for four years running (2011, 2012, 2013, 2014)
- EMEA Best Multinational Consultancy to Work For by Holmes Report (2011, 2012)